POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Complex HDRI mapping Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Complex HDRI mapping (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: Complex HDRI mapping
Date: 17 Sep 2009 19:30:00
Message: <web.4ab2c58afa03292278de8d60@news.povray.org>
I have some scenes with complex lighting models that render terribly slowly, I
would like to find alternative lighting options for these scenes.

Does HDRI lend itself to this sort of thing?

Fake Lighing, any suggestions?

I need reflection, refraction and media effects.  Am I stuck with traditional
lighting and week-long renders?

I saw some experiments with progressive re-rendering of Radiosity images, a
while back.  Any suggestions, ideas?

Regards,

A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message