POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Complex HDRI mapping : Re: Complex HDRI mapping Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complex HDRI mapping
From: Alain
Date: 18 Sep 2009 17:57:42
Message: <4ab40256$1@news.povray.org>

>>> Image four is the lamp I intend to use in the fountain base.  That alone took
>>> about a week to render.
>>>
>> Could I get that one in desktop resolution?
>>

>     I don't have it at a larger resolution.  Like I said, it took about a week
> to render.  I'll see what happens, perhaps I can optimize some stuff.
>
> Regards,
>
> A.D.B.

Can you provide the source for it.

After a second look, it looks like there are many small cylinders
forming the central shape, grouped into a merge. It looks like they are
transparent, have an ior, reflection and highlights.
Maybe you can use the mesh() built in function for an isosurface. You'd
need to convert to a polar coordinate to have it whap in the desired
shape. This is a case where an isosurface could be much faster than some
CSG object.

If you share the source as it is now, others will be able to take a look
and possibly come up with some clever alternate approach.

Alain