POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Complex HDRI mapping : Re: Complex HDRI mapping Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complex HDRI mapping
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 17 Sep 2009 21:10:01
Message: <web.4ab2dd606b287d3d78de8d60@news.povray.org>
They say "A picture says a thousand words": So I give you five pictures...

http://speedy.sdsmt.edu/~1305761/images/Art/FountainSquare3.jpg
http://speedy.sdsmt.edu/~1305761/images/FountainCloseup
http://speedy.sdsmt.edu/~1305761/images/Elementaljpg
http://speedy.sdsmt.edu/~1305761/images/lotus01.jpg
http://speedy.sdsmt.edu/~1305761/images/Circle3.jpg

The first image can either be during the day, or at night.  The daylight model
is obviously the simpler one.  The night-time model requires fifteen small
flames in the base of the fountain, illuminating the water from below, and
street lamps around the perimiter, either gas, or oil.

I had an idea for the fountain square that involved many little hanging lamps,
suspended from ropes, or perhaps stone lamp-posts/bollards, I'm still working
out the surroundings.

The third image is something I rendered a LONG time ago, years ago, the
lighting, coupled with radiosity and normals on the walls made it take what
seemed a long time to render (I can't remember which computer I was using at the
time, but it was not my current model)

Image four is the lamp I intend to use in the fountain base.  That alone took
about a week to render.

And Image 5 is a test I did with another scene I'm working on,  The lighting
levels are not nearly sufficient, even though it's supposed to be dark.

Regards,

A.D.B.