POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : what GUI's for Povray can you recommend Server Time
28 Jun 2024 21:56:17 EDT (-0400)
  what GUI's for Povray can you recommend (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: @(none)
Subject: what GUI's for Povray can you recommend
Date: 24 Oct 2004 06:38:51
Message: <417b863b@news.povray.org>
First, i am totally new to all this 3D stuff.
I installed Povray few days ago and spent larger part of me weekend with it.

Writing code i beyond me so i need a GUI for all this. :)
I use KDE/Gentoo Linux i have used this kpovmodeler that is part of a
kde-base/kdegraphics package.

Looks like this GUI can not handle any of the .pov files that are
available here in many newsgroups.

I was hoping to use those .pov files to figure out hot to create some
cool effects etc. (i did go through  the "Modeling a screwdriver using
the "Contructive Solid Geometry"" method at http://www.linuxgraphic.org/
  - BTW, it is full of mistakes. Wrong icons in text, wrong coordinates
and so on :)
sorry for all the blaa-blaa-blaa... so my question is, what other GUI's
for Povray can you recommend?

Regards.

Post a reply to this message