POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : what GUI's for Povray can you recommend : Re: what GUI's for Povray can you recommend Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:38:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: what GUI's for Povray can you recommend
From: Thomasso
Date: 26 Oct 2004 23:50:00
Message: <web.417f19be88d08c95160cebe80@news.povray.org>
Hello Mark,

I though I had posted to this already, but I guess I must not have send it.
I'll just give you an outline of what I said before in case I did post it.

> You can download a RPM-File, but it is packed.
> To unpack, type
> chmod 755 xxxx.bin
> ../xxxx.bin

I had to type "./xxxx.bin" to get it to work.

> Then you have a RPM you may install (as root) with
> rpm -i xxxx.rpm
>
> Then search for java on your harddrive, it often is in /usr/java/jre1.5.0

After a while I did manage to ubpack it. It is now where you said it would
be.

> To get easy access, I made a link in /usr/bin:
> ln -s /usr/bin/java /usr/java/jre1.5.0/bin/java

I haven't done the link yet.

> Then I downloaded and extracted jpatch.
> To make it easy to run, I made a small "batch-file" called "runme":
> java -jar jpatch.jar
>
> Add this line in a new Textdocument (e.g. with kedit), and save it as
> /usr/local/jpatch0.3/runme
>
> Now make it executable:
> chmod 755 runme
>
> Like this you can start jpatch with a simple mouseclick in your filemanager.

OK, I have done all this. But the jpatch does not run. I even tried clicking
on the .jar icons, and nothing. I'm wonrdering if there is something else I
forgot to do with java? Do you need to "start" jave before you run a java
program?

Anyway, I have all the file upacked in ther directories. Java is where it
should be and I have made jpatch in /home/user/jpaatch/

Any more hints?

Cheers

Thomasso.