POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : what GUI's for Povray can you recommend : Re: what GUI's for Povray can you recommend Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:32:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: what GUI's for Povray can you recommend
From: Mark Ulrich
Date: 24 Oct 2004 07:25:00
Message: <web.417b902988d08c954f3532630@news.povray.org>
> Looks like this GUI can not handle any of the .pov files that are
> available here in many newsgroups.

Hi,

where exactly was the problem?

In kpov, you may add the code from an external povray-file.
To keep the files small, it might be better, just to include them
#include "myfile.inc"

I think by default kpov needs povray 3.5, so there might be the problem with
your files, many of them certainly were written for pov 3.1.

I started writing a small tool povfront, that allows to include different
files in addition to a main "world"-file.

It is not a modeller, but a tool to combine the objects from different
modellers to a complete scene.

I you try it, and delete the entrys in mytextures.inc (I think i added two

run with pov 3.1, at least it did some days ago (it is work in progress).

On that page, you also will find Links to some other nice tools.

For more information, it would be helpful to get more detailed
problem-descriptions, for example with code from a file that does not work.

Mark
http://povfront.sourceforge.net