POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That was fun - not Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  That was fun - not (Message 1 to 10 of 40)
From: Doctor John
Subject: That was fun - not
Date: 11 Mar 2014 12:39:24
Message: <531f3c3c@news.povray.org>
I have been effectively off-line for the last 10 days. Symptoms: My
router kept dropping the connection to my ISP up to 20 times a day and
my download speed dropped to <0.5 Mb/s and you can forget about
measuring my upload speed; suffice it to say that it was measured in
bits per hour.
Unfortunately my ISP (who will remain unnamed but whose initials are BT)
has seen it fit to outsource their call-centres to Mumbai and staff them
with 1st-line "engineers" whose sole purpose is to avoid raising any
tickets to 2nd-line or higher. Despite my explaining what the probable
cause of the fault was (The telecomms switch-room is in the basement of
my block of flats and it had been flooded a month ago. It was therefore
likely that the various connectors had been corroded), it wasn't until I
unilaterally raised my complaint to the office of the Customer Service
Director that any action was taken.
Today, finally, an engineer arrived, replaced a whole bunch of corroded
connections and then waterproofed them. I am now back on line.
What I can't understand is why no-one else in the block noticed the
fault. As the engineer said I wasn't the only one affected.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents