POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That was fun - not : Re: That was fun - not Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:38:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That was fun - not
From: Warp
Date: 11 Mar 2014 15:27:20
Message: <531f6397@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <j.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Unfortunately my ISP (who will remain unnamed but whose initials are BT)
> has seen it fit to outsource their call-centres to Mumbai and staff them
> with 1st-line "engineers" whose sole purpose is to avoid raising any
> tickets to 2nd-line or higher.

Microsoft isn't an ISP (at least not yet; probably only a matter of time),
and whatever your opinion might be of it as a company, I really have to
give them credit for their amazingly good phone support, at least here.
(I have told this before here, but I think it deserves repeating.)

When my Xbox Live account was hacked, I called Microsoft's local phone
support here, and was quite surprised by the effectiveness an level of
professionalism. The person at the other end did not ask even a single
stupid question, she understood everything I said without any problems,
she asked all the right questions and all the (and only the) necessary
information, and the matter was resolved quickly and efficiently. (I was
expecting the typical horror story of having to tell all kind of completely
irrelevant minutia, and having to explain even simple things over and over,
and having to convince them that yes, my account was really hacked and it's
not a completely unrelated irrelevant problem, but there was none of that.)

--
                                                          - Warp