POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That was fun - not : Re: That was fun - not Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:37:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That was fun - not
From: Stephen
Date: 12 Mar 2014 08:55:00
Message: <web.5320587e7959b3207f6b03a40@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <j.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I have been effectively off-line for the last 10 days. Symptoms: My
> router kept dropping the connection to my ISP up to 20 times a day and
> my download speed dropped to <0.5 Mb/s and you can forget about
> measuring my upload speed; suffice it to say that it was measured in
> bits per hour.
> Unfortunately my ISP (who will remain unnamed but whose initials are BT)

Did you get withdrawal symptoms?
Ten days of cold turkey, what!

Not withstanding that the flood may have caused it. ;-)
The router that BT sends out with Infinity is not the best in the world. Mine
kept dropping out and when the replacement started doing the same thing within a
month. I bought one of those one that have just been hacked. :-D

> Today, finally, an engineer arrived, replaced a whole bunch of corroded
> connections and then waterproofed them. I am now back on line.
> What I can't understand is why no-one else in the block noticed the
> fault. As the engineer said I wasn't the only one affected.

They probably did but it is black magic to most people.
(Am I allowed to say that? I never can tell.

Me.