POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That was fun - not : Re: That was fun - not Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That was fun - not
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 Mar 2014 13:59:35
Message: <531f4f07$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 16:37:41 +0000, Doctor John wrote:

> Today, finally, an engineer arrived, replaced a whole bunch of corroded
> connections and then waterproofed them. I am now back on line.
> What I can't understand is why no-one else in the block noticed the
> fault.
> As the engineer said I wasn't the only one affected.

That sounds like my normal conversations with my previous ISP's support.
I was with them for nearly 14 years, only had to call in twice, but the
two times I called in were exercises in frustration and futility.

At one point during one of the calls, I got so angry I actually said to
the tech "look, I'm a networking professional, and if I had access to the
equipment, I'd fix it myself.  But I don't, so I have to go through
idiots like you!"

I was pretty angry at that point.

I ultimately had to escalate it myself - by contacting the office of the
CEO.  My problem got fixed pretty quickly after that. :)

Jim