POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That was fun - not : Re: That was fun - not Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That was fun - not
From: scott
Date: 12 Mar 2014 04:21:15
Message: <532018fb$1@news.povray.org>
> I have been effectively off-line for the last 10 days. Symptoms: My
> router kept dropping the connection to my ISP up to 20 times a day and
> my download speed dropped to <0.5 Mb/s and you can forget about
> measuring my upload speed; suffice it to say that it was measured in
> bits per hour.
> Unfortunately my ISP (who will remain unnamed but whose initials are BT)
> has seen it fit to outsource their call-centres to Mumbai and staff them
> with 1st-line "engineers" whose sole purpose is to avoid raising any
> tickets to 2nd-line or higher. Despite my explaining what the probable

I haven't even bothered to call them about my connection drops. Once or
twice a week (that I notice) for a period of about 30 mins - 2 hours the
connection gets really bad, like 25% of the normal speed (as reported by
the modem), pings measured in seconds and repeated drops altogether (the
modem log shows ADSL disconnected and reconnected again repeatedly). I
should really go and look to see if there is an email address to write
to about this rather than trying to explain it all over the phone (where
no doubt I will forget to mention something).