POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : (Mac) Mesh question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  (Mac) Mesh question (Message 26 to 35 of 55)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: (Mac) Mesh question
Date: 10 Sep 2001 06:49:05
Message: <3b9c9aa1@news.povray.org>
Tom Stone <tom### [at] teliacom> wrote:
: And I'm not sure that it is fair to call it a "standard". No Mesh2 file have
: ever been produced on a Mac.

  Render the SDL raytracer tutorial example which comes with the documentation
and there you are.

: I'm just commenting that the documentation seems to imply that
: I can use it, when several hours of searching on the Internet reveals
: that I can't.

  Why couldn't you? I used it in that tutorial without the need of any third
party program. I just used it and period.

  If the documentation says that mesh2 is *mainly* intended for file
conversions, that doesn't mean that you couldn't use it directly (as I did).

  It's the exact same thing as with bicubic patches: They are mainly intended
for third party programs. However, nothing stops you from using the directly.

--
#macro N(D,I)#if(I<6)cylinder{M()#local D[I]=div(D[I],104);M().5,2pigment{
rgb M()}}N(D,(D[I]>99?I:I+1))#end#end#macro M()<mod(D[I],13)-6,mod(div(D[I

Post a reply to this message