POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : (Mac) Mesh question : Re: (Mac) Mesh question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (Mac) Mesh question
From: Tom Stone
Date: 10 Sep 2001 07:28:25
Message: <3B9CA52E.49F172C0@telia.com>
Warp wrote:

>   Render the SDL raytracer tutorial example which comes with the documentation
> and there you are.

I've just seen it. It's an amazing piece of work! I couldn't understand even half
of it, but it definitely shows the power of POV.

> : I'm just commenting that the documentation seems to imply that
> : I can use it,

>  Why couldn't you? I used it in that tutorial without the need of any third
> party program. I just used it and period.

True. Thanks for your help.
I guess that the reason for my misunderstanding is that I read Gilles Tran's
tutorial on how to use Poser figures in POV-Ray, in which he says that he needed
converters to get the models into the Mesh2 format. But I realize now that he
wrote that tutorial before the release of this Beta. Since, as you say, there
isn't any need for third party software anymore, I guess that there is a big
chance that Gilles will update his tutorial to show how to do the same
internally.

I've written Joseph Strout (developer of Meshwork) and asked if he could add .obj
to Mesh2 conversion in his software, but I'll write to him again and let him know
that it isn't necessary anymore.

Once again, thanks for your kind help! This is a great forum!

Sincerely,
Tom Stone