POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : (Mac) Mesh question : Re: (Mac) Mesh question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:29:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (Mac) Mesh question
From: Tom Stone
Date: 10 Sep 2001 12:47:09
Message: <3B9CEFDE.451F0B69@telia.com>
Gilles Tran wrote:

>  AFAIK, the
> current workaround is still to use one of the few Mac apps that exports to Povray's
> regular mesh (Amapi does it, I don't know about others).

Hello Gilles, thanks for answering. I think that Amapi only exports the geometry and
not
UV-textures, thats at least the case with the free 4.15 version.

> Now, in the specific case of Poser, I guess that someone with a good understanding
of
> both the obj files exported by Poser and the mesh2 format could write a converter in
> POV script. Not the most efficient solution though.

Are you really sure about that?
Warp said opposite, in a rather forceful way that felt pretty intimidating.
According to him, it seemed like no one of us needed any converters,
and that I was more or less an idiot for believing so. And Ken have
expressed similar sentiments.

This is confusing.

Thanks anyway Gilles. I love your stories and pictures!
Tom