POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Why?... Because!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:26:44 EDT (-0400)
  Why?... Because!! (Message 11 to 20 of 21)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Why?... Because!!
Date: 21 Mar 2003 14:24:59
Message: <3e7b670b$1@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3e7a64b3528171f8d02c7b870@news.povray.org> , "Rohan Bernett"
<rox### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> If it's possible to do real-time raytracing, then why can't we do it with
> POVRay, hmm?

Who says you can't?

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.

From: fidel viegas
Date: 25 Mar 2003 04:17:30
Message: <3E801CBC.70706@nodomain.com>
If you want to create your own CPU on silicon, then you should have a
look at either VHDL or Verilog. This are languages used to design
hardware. You can use Xilinx tools and FPGA technology to realise this.
There are loads of tutorials and on the web and books that teach how to
design a CPU with either VHDL or Verilog. In fact, I think there is a
guy that created a complete NES system with Verilog.

Have a look at http://www.xilinx.com

You are going to find all the information there about their tools and
languages.

Since I was a kid I always wanted to create my own electronic devices.
So I started teaching myself electronics. I also took a course in
Electronics and a degree in computer engineering, which covered all the
electronics I needed to fulfil my dreams. Up until now I have designed
an 8-bit CPU similar to the 6502 using VHDL and FPGA technology, a
couple of alarm systems, music amplifiers, etc.... My next goal will be
to design a hardware based raytracer. I don't really have the time now,
but one day I will.

As for you project, I think it was a good idea to generate the stuff
with povray.

All the best

Fidel.

Post a reply to this message