POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : sPatch, Moray & csg Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:50:46 EDT (-0400)
  sPatch, Moray & csg (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Anoop Kumar
Subject: sPatch, Moray & csg
Date: 27 May 2001 06:54:06
Message: <3b10dcce@news.povray.org>
Hi ,

Just as a test, I made a file of a cube and a cylinder for a CSG test in
sPatch, then exported to Moray. Following were the results:
On differencing the cylinder from the cube, the results were perfectly (I
think) displayed in the opengl 3d view, but drew a blank in PovRay
rendering. BUT, the same thing rendered with (so far) simple texturising,
using the scanline option of the anim-plugin.
Can anybody explain this? I can understand the csg not showing in PovRay
(bicubic patches etc) but why, then, did it show in the opengl interface
and in the scanline rendering. Also, could it not be replicated in PovRay?
(This would allow us to use it's other macros/advanced features)
Also, this is a bit OT, when I directly export to Megapov from sPatch
(pigmesh - mesh with smooth_triangles), enable solid mesh features (using
inside_vector) all I get is 'intersection'. Why?
Thanks for any help in advance

-Anoop

P.S. Would be very nice if Moray could export to sPatch/HamaPatch, wouldn't
it? They both complement each other almost perfectly, what with the csg,
perfect PovRay interface of one, and the splines & vertex editing & lofting
(in HP, using AMLoft) of the other. (Not to mention that HamaPatch also
exports to BMRT, allowing the use of it's true displacement-mapping
features.) Any chance??

Post a reply to this message