POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : sPatch, Moray & csg : Re: sPatch, Moray & csg Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:48:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sPatch, Moray & csg
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 30 May 2001 14:36:50
Message: <MPG.157f4e5b87a84853989922@news.povray.org>
[snip]
> True. But Megapov *can* do CSGs using either the mesh or the mesh2
> format.So, couldn't (and pardon me if I put my foot in my mouth through
> ignorance) Moray export the *results* as a solid mesh (mesh/mesh2 with
> 'inside_vector ' enabled). I believe Peak3d does something similar.
> Would this mean a major reworking? And wouldn't it be worth it, combining
> the
> power of both sPatch/ Hamapatch (especially now that you *can* do
> lofts/skinning in HamaPatch using the AMexport/AMLoft utility?

Moray is unlikely to ever support MegaPOV features, as it is written to
be compliant with official POV only, and I suspect that that in itself is
quite enough of a job for Lutz to handle.

Maybe after (the semi-mythical) POV 3.5 is released and Lutz has had
enough time to work on its features, then something like that may happen,
but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting. :)

[snip]
> Sorry for rambling. And thanks again, both of you, for your clarifications.

No problem.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.