POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I have a great idea! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  I have a great idea! (Message 8 to 17 of 37)
<<< Previous 7 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: clipka
Subject: Re: I have a great idea!
Date: 23 Aug 2009 19:01:08
Message: <4a91ca34@news.povray.org>
nemesis schrieb:
> Completely mindblowing, specially the later scenes! o_O That's why V-Ray is top
> today, without even resorting to unbiased algorithms.

Sure it's unbiased? Looks like a monte-carlo approach to me.

> I can also see real-time raytracing in nextgen game engines sooner than
> expected.

Yup. Though gamers will need to get used to the noisy images when they
move... which is virtually constantly :-P.

The game engine designers will also need to find a way to not fully
re-render a scene just because /something/ in it moved.

Post a reply to this message