POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I have a great idea! : Re: I have a great idea! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I have a great idea!
From: clipka
Date: 24 Aug 2009 01:46:04
Message: <4a92291c$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson schrieb:
> Well, and one thing from the demo was that the card in use was described
> as "not the high-end option" (words to that effect).

I actually happen to have that same GPU (GeForce 285) in my machine. I
went for that particular graphics card /because/ I didn't intend to get
the heaviest weapon out there, rather just some decent graphics power
for a decent price (something to do some fluent Wings3D or Poser work
with) - so I guess there's heavier artillery /already/ in both the
gamers' and CG professionals' arsenals.