POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Uh-oh Server Time
1 Jun 2024 16:59:41 EDT (-0400)
  Uh-oh (Message 11 to 20 of 35)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Uh-oh
Date: 5 Jun 2017 11:39:08
Message: <59357b1c@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 05 Jun 2017 08:26:51 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> I've never thought that using compressed air was a good idea. Unless you
> can take the fan out of the machine it just blows it elsewhere. And they
> are expensive. I use a clean paintbrush and a vacuum cleaner with an
> extension.

I use compressed air and a vacuum cleaner - hold the hose near where
you're spraying the air, and the dust that's kicked loose gets sucked
into the vacuum.

Jim

From: Stephen
Date: 5 Jun 2017 12:37:41
Message: <593588d5$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/5/2017 4:39 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Jun 2017 08:26:51 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> I've never thought that using compressed air was a good idea. Unless you
>> can take the fan out of the machine it just blows it elsewhere. And they
>> are expensive. I use a clean paintbrush and a vacuum cleaner with an
>> extension.
>
> I use compressed air

You must be rich. ;)
When I've used compressed air it was from a supply line at about 2 Bar.
Great for drying PCBs after washing them.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 05 Jun 2017 17:37:38 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 6/5/2017 4:39 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Mon, 05 Jun 2017 08:26:51 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>>
>>> I've never thought that using compressed air was a good idea. Unless
>>> you can take the fan out of the machine it just blows it elsewhere.
>>> And they are expensive. I use a clean paintbrush and a vacuum cleaner
>>> with an extension.
>>
>> I use compressed air
>
> You must be rich. ;)
> When I've used compressed air it was from a supply line at about 2 Bar.
> Great for drying PCBs after washing them.

CostCo, pack of 12 cans for about $40 (just over $3/can).  And I don't
clean my systems often. ;)  I think I've had the current pack (which was
a 6-pack when I got it) for probably 4 years now.

But I also have a powered blower for cleaning computer equipment - it's
kinda noisy, but gets the job done.

Jim