POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Uh-oh : Re: Uh-oh Server Time
25 Jun 2024 23:44:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Uh-oh
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Jun 2017 17:41:13
Message: <5935cff9$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 05 Jun 2017 22:38:25 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 6/5/2017 5:53 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> CostCo, pack of 12 cans for about $40 (just over $3/can).
>
> You would be hard pushed to get a half pint of beer in a London pub for
> $3. :)

Well, these days, probably not quite as hard-pushed as a year ago, given
the exchange rate. ;)

>> And I don't clean my systems often.;)
>
> Shame on you. :)
> But then if you leave them long enough. They reach a point where they
> don't get any worse. ;)

True.  I'm allergic to dust mites, though, which is why I tend to avoid
doing it.  Also, now that we don't have cats, it's just dust and not hair
+ dust.

>> I think I've had the current pack (which was a 6-pack when I got it)
>> for probably 4 years now.
>>
>> But I also have a powered blower for cleaning computer equipment - it's
>> kinda noisy, but gets the job done.
>
> That must be good for your allergies. ;)

Indeed, that's why I also use a vacuum.  I have a little kit of
attachments for cleaning electronics as well, though a good vacuum
generally has enough suction that the dust isn't too much of a problem.

It's more about "downtime" - which for personal systems is silly.  I just
don't like shutting things down. :)