POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Uh-oh : Re: Uh-oh Server Time
25 Jun 2024 23:40:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Uh-oh
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 7 Jun 2017 20:05:53
Message: <593894e1$1@news.povray.org>
The parts came in yesterday.

The computer does not recognize the Genuine Dell power cord.  I need to
figure out what's going on here.  This third world rock I live on had 5
(not a typo) power outages this morning, and my battery is down to 38%.

On 2017-06-05 10:33 AM (-4), Stephen wrote:
> The next bit of advice will have people screaming. I always use a  1/8"
> terminal screwdriver instead of a Phillips or crosshead screwdriver.
> Because if Dell use propriety screws you will strip/round the head if
> you don't have the right type. (Speaking from long experience on this.)

One of the screw heads was already stripped, and another screw is in so
tight I'm afraid I'd strip it if I try to loosen it.  And most of the
advice on the Web for dislodging stuck Phillips head screws looks like
it would destroy my computer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neill-Tools-Terminal-Screwdriver-100mm-Slotted-P18-4-/152480558413

> A small shifting spanner (adjustable wrench) on the end acts as a torque
> bar to start them off. (It often makes a cracking sound as if the
> plastic has broken.)
> BTW keep the screwdriver vertical so it does not slip. [Important]

What exactly is a terminal screwdriver?  I see them for sale on the Web,
but I can't find a definition.

I find myself late at night poring over renders from years past.  I miss
POV-Ray!