POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Boring movies Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:28:47 EDT (-0400)
  Boring movies (Message 11 to 20 of 21)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Boring movies
Date: 9 Mar 2012 22:09:50
Message: <4f5ac5fe$1@news.povray.org>
Em 09/03/2012 13:42, Warp escreveu:
> clipka<ano### [at] anonymousorg>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I can highly recommend Hugo. Just go see it. It's not about anything you
>>> think it's about.
>
>> I guess that falls into the "blockbuster" category. But yes - I guess
>> it's a must for anyone who likes movie pictures. Make sure to watch it
>> in a 3D theater.
>
>    Since I lack free will of my own, I did as commanded.

so?  boring or not?

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 9 Mar 2012 22:26:48
Message: <4f5ac9f8$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/9/2012 2:38, Kevin Wampler wrote:
> On 3/8/2012 10:03 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> I can highly recommend Hugo. Just go see it. It's not about anything you
>> think it's about.
>
> This is one of those movies which I thought looked terrible from the
> trailer, but actually ended up enjoying when I watched it.

That's because the trailer tells you nothing about the plot of the movie,
which differs drastically from what you'd expect of a typical hollywood
movie with that sort of trailer.

It's like watching a "Tom Hanks, Goldie Hawn" movie where it turns out
they're both mass murderers.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

> >    Since I lack free will of my own, I did as commanded.

> so?  boring or not?

  Boring it wasn't.

  Btw, was it just me, was it intentional, or was it a side-effect of
the 3D that many scenes looked like miniatures? Even many scenes with
people in them.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>    Btw, was it just me, was it intentional, or was it a side-effect of
> the 3D that many scenes looked like miniatures? Even many scenes with
> people in them.

Didn't notice any such effect. The only few scenes that looked weird to
me for some reason were those totals of the big hall with the kids
crawling down to (or up from) that hanging clock.

Post a reply to this message