POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Boring movies : Re: Boring movies Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boring movies
From: nemesis
Date: 10 Mar 2012 09:00:01
Message: <web.4f5b5d538855fcf780891c030@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > >    Since I lack free will of my own, I did as commanded.
>
> > so?  boring or not?
>
>   Boring it wasn't.

Ok

>   Btw, was it just me, was it intentional, or was it a side-effect of
> the 3D that many scenes looked like miniatures? Even many scenes with
> people in them.

I didn't notice that, but that s perhaps because I'm by now used to 3D movies.
You may have a point there:  the stereoscopic camera has a larger separation
between lenses than our eyes.  This leads to more dramatic 3D but also to a
sensation of viewing everything as through the eyes of a giant.  Specially
notable of course in landscapes or crowd scenes.

A  yet more dramatic take on the idea leads to hyperstereo:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/hyperstereo/