POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Boring movies : Re: Hugo Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hugo
From: Warp
Date: 10 Mar 2012 05:59:07
Message: <4f5b33fb@news.povray.org>
> Am 10.03.2012 07:44, schrieb Warp:

> >    Btw, was it just me, was it intentional, or was it a side-effect of
> > the 3D that many scenes looked like miniatures? Even many scenes with
> > people in them.

> Didn't notice any such effect. The only few scenes that looked weird to
> me for some reason were those totals of the big hall with the kids
> crawling down to (or up from) that hanging clock.

  Strange. Most of the panoramic views (of the train station and the
city) and some of the street-level views looked a lot like filming a
miniature. I couldn't tell if it was because of the 3D or if it would
have looked like it also in regular 2D.

  (Nevertheless, the 3D looked spectacular, especially in the beginning
of the film.)

  Btw, for some reason I'm almost completely unable to perceive things
coming "out of the screen" in these films (I have seen three in total now).
Many people say that things look like they literally come out of the screen
and you could almost touch them, but for some reason it just doesn't work
for me. I can see anything that's deeper than the screen just fine, but
if anything is supposed to be closer, then it somehow just doesn't work.
(Maybe if it's just a bit closer than the actual screen, it looks like it,
but the closer it's supposed to be, the less it works for me.)

  If I concentrate really hard on focusing my eyes on the screen and don't
pay attention to whatever might be flying closeby, it kind of works
sometimes. (For example I tried this at the beginning of the film with
the flying snowflakes, and I could sort of make it work at moments.)

  I wonder if this is a common phenomenon.

--
                                                          - Warp