POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Boring movies : Re: Hugo Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hugo
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Mar 2012 14:17:15
Message: <4f5ba8bb$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/10/2012 2:59, Warp wrote:
> miniature. I couldn't tell if it was because of the 3D or if it would
> have looked like it also in regular 2D.

I saw it in 2D, and I thought the artistry of it was a little odd. Now that
you mention it that way, yah, it looked a little bit like a miniature,
possibly because everything was in focus at once?

> Many people say that things look like they literally come out of the screen
> and you could almost touch them, but for some reason it just doesn't work
> for me.

I've been in shows where people actually duck because the stuff is flying at
their face, and yeah, it's a real effect.

In Disney World, they have a 3D movie where tinkerbell flies out of the
screen and runs into one of the lights in the movie hall, which sputters out
in a shower of sparks and suddenly has a pair of animatronic legs sticking
out kicking around. Very amusing.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)