POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It had to happen again... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:29:15 EDT (-0400)
  It had to happen again... (Message 41 to 50 of 54)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: It had to happen again...
Date: 1 Apr 2011 14:06:29
Message: <4d961425@news.povray.org>
Warp escreveu:
>> Oh, agreed in all ways. It's not like we're comparing the Wii or something.
>
>   It's curious that technically the Wii is like 10 years old, yet if you
> look at the sales, it surpasses the Xbox 360 and the PS3 combined. By a
> large margin.

Unless you're considering sales only in one particular region.  Global
sales for 360 and PS3 combined are higher than for Wii.  Which is a good
thing as far as true gaming is concerned.

Wii didn't target gamers who are into this media for ages.  They tried
to bring a new audience into the media, by offering a new largely
buttonless control experience.  Unfortunately, the people playing Wii
are more acurately described as the people playing Wii Sports and a few
other casual games -- besides the die-hard loyal Nintendo fanboys.  Part
of this audience is now buying Kinect instead.

But Wii was just the begining into bringing down the industry to more
primitive and cheaper gameplaying experience.  Just look at Apple and
the 99 cents one-shot games proclaiming the death of Nintendo and even
consoles...

I for one had my fair share of primitive (but far more challenging)
gameplay in the 80's.  They are all the rage again now, except with no
challenge and much arrogance...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message