POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It had to happen again... : Re: It had to happen again... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It had to happen again...
From: stbenge
Date: 4 Apr 2011 00:24:10
Message: <4d9947ea@news.povray.org>
On 4/2/2011 9:54 PM, nemesis wrote:
> stbenge<"egnebts<-inverted"@hotmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 4/1/2011 11:22 AM, nemesis wrote:
>>> in the second
>>> generation to fully detailed models with fine details provided by
>>> normal/spec maps and self-shadowing and environment shadows casted upon
>>> them nowadays. It's a marvel to behold.
>>
>> It must be. I don't know whether to get a handhold emulator or the next
>> best Xbox... (or a Wii, because Mario games /rock/)
>
> the Wii is a GC under different plastic box.  It's got none of the hardware
> prowess of 360 and PS3 whatsoever.  You'll be playing games with same graphics
> of past 10 years.

Gah! Nintendo might as well be selling exercise videos :(

> Mario Galaxy is awesome,

I'd love to play that one. Just 48 hours of caffeine-fueled
uninterrupted game time...

> but I can't have my gaming fix on
> just Mario and Link alone.

What is up with those guys anyway? Always having to save the princess.
Peach breaks a nail, "help me Mario!" Zelda sees a pig, "the Moblins are
attacking the castle!" Get a grip, Zelda! Or better yet, pick up a power
glove once in a while, sheesh!

> Even Samus Aran should have ended her career in
> Super Metroid or the first Metroid Prime...

Aw, c'mon! Another (2D) Metroid game made well would be great! I thought
of a great prequel entitled, "The Last Chozo," where of course, you'd
play as a Chozo. There would be some storyline about how you were the
last one, Metroids along with space pirates invaded your home world,
blah, blah, blah... the Metroid games were more about action anyway ;)