POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It had to happen again... : Re: It had to happen again... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:14:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It had to happen again...
From: nemesis
Date: 4 Apr 2011 12:27:42
Message: <4d99f17e$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge escreveu:
>> but I can't have my gaming fix on
>> just Mario and Link alone.
>
> What is up with those guys anyway? Always having to save the princess.
> Peach breaks a nail, "help me Mario!" Zelda sees a pig, "the Moblins are
> attacking the castle!" Get a grip, Zelda! Or better yet, pick up a power
> glove once in a while, sheesh!

I'll probably still get Zelda: Skyward Sword by end of the year for Wii.
  Wii's swann's song, no doubt.  And perhaps even happens like TP:
launched for both GC and Wii.

Motion control games so far have only been used for simplistic sports
mini-games collections, fun for a while but ultimately too shallow and
repetitive.  Z:SS OTOH will deliver 1:1 sword playing, shield defensing,
arch&bow, canoeing and more all in one top adventure game.  The Wii was
built for games like this, but hardly delivered...

>> Even Samus Aran should have ended her career in
>> Super Metroid or the first Metroid Prime...
>
> Aw, c'mon! Another (2D) Metroid game made well would be great! I thought
> of a great prequel entitled, "The Last Chozo," where of course, you'd
> play as a Chozo. There would be some storyline about how you were the
> last one, Metroids along with space pirates invaded your home world,
> blah, blah, blah... the Metroid games were more about action anyway ;)

There's always the mobile versions, of course.  Fusion on GBA had better
controls than SM, but still not quite the feeling of SM.  There's also
Metroid Zero, which is basically Metroid 1 revamped with 16-bit
graphics.  Many great side-scrollers found much better home in the
Nintendo handhelds, including the awesome series of Metroidvanias from
Konami since Castlevania:SotN.

I was talking specifically of Metroid:Other M for Wii.  Not quite so good.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9