POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Meet your maker Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Meet your maker (Message 1 to 10 of 65)
From: Invisible
Subject: Meet your maker
Date: 11 Apr 2012 07:47:18
Message: <4f856f46$1@news.povray.org>
What does Mars Inc. make?

Well, obviously, they make Mars bars. Slightly less obviously, they also
make Bounty, Twix, Snickers and a few other things.

They also own Wrigleys though. So they make all kinds of chewing gum,
breath mints, and so forth.

But I bet you didn't know, they own Uncle Ben's. You know, they guys who
sell packet rice. So yeah, next time you eat that stuff, it's made by Mars.

But that's not all. They also own... Whiskas. Yeah, that's right. They
make cat food. Eww. :-S

PepsiCo is a similar story. They obviously make Pepsi, Pepsi Max and
Diet Pepsi. They also make Mountain Dew, Gatorade, 7UP, etc. Apparently
they make Tropicana - which is interesting, because that's supposedly a
healthy fruity drink, not the flavoured sugar water listed so far. Also
mildly surprising, they make Lipton Ice (in association with Unilever,
better known for making floor cleaners and disinfectants).

But it gets weirder. They own Doritos. Next time you're munching through
some of those, that's PepsiCo. Not /that/ surprising, since you can
easily imagine somebody eating those out of the same vending machine
that also dispenses Pepsi.

They also own Quaker Foods, makers of Quaker Oats, etc. They make
Cheetos too. And, perhaps most surprising of all, they /own/ Walkers,
the iconic crisp manufacturers. So next time you think to yourself
"stick these Doritos, I'm going to buy Walkers instead" then, um, yeah -
it's the same damned company.

All of this is /nothing/, though, compared to the Coca-Cola company.
Their Wikipedia page doesn't even /say/ what they make; there's an
entire other page for that. I counted 16 screenfuls of text. Suffice it
to say, they own A LOT of stuff! o_O

Baffling, isn't it? So many brands, and yet they're all actually made by
just three big companies. And many of them make seemingly unrelated
products...

Post a reply to this message