POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Meet your maker : Re: Meet your maker Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meet your maker
From: scott
Date: 11 Apr 2012 10:51:47
Message: <4f859a83$1@news.povray.org>
>It /should/ be a no-brainer; Ferrari /should/ be making vastly
> more money than Fiat will ever own. So...???

The more people there are that think like that, the easier it is for me
to make money!  Here, let me give you my precious expensive Ferrari
company, and in return you give me all your cheapo Fiat factories and
brands :-)  Sound like a good deal to you? OK let's go!

> My question was more "how the hell can they afford that?"

The real question is, will Kraft be able to get more value from Cadbury
than everyone else thought?  If not, then it was a waste of money to buy
them, but if Kraft can do something with the company to make it more
valuable (restructuring, new products, whatever) then it was a good buy.
  Only time will tell.

> I'm just trying to visualise the conversation though: "Yeah, we can sell

> that wouldn't be laughable.

That's exactly how it works (maybe not as extreme difference in price,
and the company will print the packaging/label too).  The supermarkets
know that consumers want to buy expensive Kellogs cereal and cheap
own-brand stuff, it will work out better (=more profit) for the
supermarkets and the suppliers (Kellogs) if they supply both products,
given how similar they are.