POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Meet your maker : Re: Meet your maker Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meet your maker
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Apr 2012 09:05:26
Message: <4f858196$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/04/2012 01:39 PM, Warp wrote:
>    I always find it amusing when someone declares that he's boycotting
> this or that megacorporation because they don't like their business
> practices or whatever without realizing that it's almost *impossible*

Yeah, quite. There are a few corporations out there which make so much
stuff, you can't possibly avoid giving them your money. (Well, unless
you never buy /anything/, and that's not exactly feasible.)

Currently I'm seriously ****ed off with Amazon. When you buy something
from them and the price on screen is X, you expect to pay X, plus some
negligible amount for postage. You to /not/ expect to pay 1.5 X. If I
had known that the /actual/ price was 1.5 X, I would not have purchased
the item. The fact that Amazon hid this information seems tantamount to
fraud, to me.

But hey, what can you do? It's not as if you can, I don't know, /file a
complaint/ or anything. Nor that they would even /care/ if you did...