POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Meet your maker : Re: Meet your maker Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:26:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meet your maker
From: scott
Date: 11 Apr 2012 08:57:19
Message: <4f857faf$1@news.povray.org>
> All of this is /nothing/, though, compared to the Coca-Cola company.
> Their Wikipedia page doesn't even /say/ what they make; there's an
> entire other page for that. I counted 16 screenfuls of text. Suffice it
> to say, they own A LOT of stuff! o_O

Procter & Gamble is another big one with their own wikipedia page of brands.

It gets more complicated when brands are sold between companies, or even
worse when the same brand is owned by different companies in different
countries!

> Baffling, isn't it? So many brands, and yet they're all actually made by
> just three big companies. And many of them make seemingly unrelated
> products...

Add in to that mix all the supermarket (un)branded stuff, which are
probably just made by the same companies.