POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Meet your maker : Re: Meet your maker Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meet your maker
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Apr 2012 09:05:13
Message: <4f858189$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/04/2012 01:57 PM, scott wrote:
>> All of this is /nothing/, though, compared to the Coca-Cola company.
>> They own A LOT of stuff! o_O
>
> Procter & Gamble is another big one with their own wikipedia page of
> brands.

Yeah, I'll bet. I would imagine Unilever is similar.

> It gets more complicated when brands are sold between companies, or even
> worse when the same brand is owned by different companies in different
> countries!

What I can't figure out is how premium brands end up getting owned by
budget brands.

For example, Ferrari is famous for making luxury cars that only a few of
the richest people in the world can afford to drive. Ferrari is
currently owned by Fiat, famous for making shit cars that no sane person
in their right mind would want to drive, never mind own. So... how the
hell did Fiat manage to afford Ferrari?

Similarly, Cadbury, maker of fine chocolates, was recently bought by
Kraft foods, makers of naff cheap crap. How the heck did /that/ happen??

> Add in to that mix all the supermarket (un)branded stuff, which are
> probably just made by the same companies.

Uh... I'm not sure that (say) Tesco's own cornflakes are made by the
same people as Kellog's cornflakes. What I /would/ suspect, however, is
that Tesco's own cornflakes are made by the same people as ADSA's own
cornflakes, Sainsbury's own cornflakes, and so on. Because, really, how
many factories making cornflakes can there possibly be?