POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Meet your maker : Re: Meet your maker Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meet your maker
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 11 Apr 2012 10:59:06
Message: <4f859c3a$1@news.povray.org>
Le 11/04/2012 15:59, Invisible nous fit lire :

> I'm just trying to visualise the conversation though: "Yeah, we can sell
> you our brand for £8/box, and then we can sell you the same thing for
> £0.0017/box and let you print your own label on it." I'm not seeing how
> that wouldn't be laughable.

Well, the difference might be in the recipe too.
The brand box might use a recipe with 19 ingredients and butter. The
supermarket box might use palm oil and less expensive ingredients.

Of course, there is also the brand starting to cheat on reputation: "new
taste", "light" ... usually happen when the old makers get a check from
the money people (as buying the company at retirement time). Instead of
continuing the old expensive way, they now put pressure to get a better
return on investment (ROI). The head of the company switched from "a
company for a purpose" to "a company to make money".

Sciences without consciences...