POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another game question Server Time
1 Oct 2024 03:15:03 EDT (-0400)
  Another game question (Message 8 to 17 of 37)
<<< Previous 7 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Another game question
Date: 18 Aug 2008 05:29:09
Message: <48a940e5$1@news.povray.org>
>> After another hour of replaying the same few seconds of game, I got
>> sufficiently lucky with my grenades to kill everybody. But I now have,
>> like, 2% health left.
>>
>> I sneak into a room and kill Doyal. Fricken' FINALLY the game ends!! >_<
>
>    You know you can just run past them all and then kill Doyal? Haha... :)

Oh, SURE, because 15 guys with rocket launchers might somehow all
simultaneously miss me. :-P

>> I BEAT FARCRY, BITCHES!!!
>
>    LoL! Enjoyable game eh? :o)

It's certainly a lot different to, say HalfLife.

In HalfLife, you methodically worth through a room at a time, killing
everything inside. (And almost everything killable makes enough racket
that you can tell when you're alone or not.)

In FarCry, there generally aren't any "rooms". And even if there are,
people tend to wander around and follow you. The number of times I've
gone somewhere, killed everything, started looking around for ammo and
stuff and some guy has crept up from somewhere and frightened the living
daylights out of me!

Similarly, in many places in FarCry, killing *everything* would be
absurdly difficult, and your best bet is actually to sneak past without
firing a shot.

For example, the first time I played it, the second island with the
radio antenna was really hard. There's snipers and guys with rocket
launchers and all the rest of it. But then I reinstalled Windoze, and
had to play again from the beginning. This time, I swam underwater to
the *back* of the island, killed the three people guarding that end, and
blew up the radio tower. The snipers and rocket boys never even took a
shot at me. ;-)

There seems to be quite a few points in the game where you can take...
obscure routes to improve your odds significantly.

How old is this game BTW? The foliage rendering is quite impressive, but
many other things about the game look a little low-tech. (E.g.,
character movements, the cutscenes, etc.)

BTW... sticky ladders, much?!

> Now play FarCry 2. Coming your way soon. It's
> supposed to be superb and made with the new Dunia engine.

Uh... If it's a new game, then I doubt that a puny little GeForce 7900GT
is sufficiently powerful to run it.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/