POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another game question : Re: Another game question Server Time
30 Sep 2024 17:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another game question
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Aug 2008 06:23:27
Message: <48a94d9f$1@news.povray.org>
>> Oh, sure. On super-hyper-mega-easy, it only took 4 *months* to
>> complete. On slightly-easy, it'll probably take a year. :-P
>
> I put it on the hardest difficulty level, just to see what it was like.
> I didn't even get past the first hut down on the beach.  I shot some guy
> repeated in his head and he didn't die, then he took one shot at me and
> I died.  It wasn't very realistic.

Now, see, I hate games like that.

The fact of the matter is, if you were on an island surrounded by highly
trained mercinaries and you were armed only with a pistol, you wouldn't
last five seconds. Even if you did kill a few enemies, you'd die within
minutes. There's really no need for games to make the enemy unkillable
to make the game hard; you just need to make the player character die
from a realistic amount of damage. (IRL, 1 bullet can easily be fatal.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/