POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wood_mannequin.png Server Time
23 Feb 2024 02:42:38 EST (-0500)
  wood_mannequin.png (Message 14 to 23 of 23)  
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Initial 10 Messages
From: Leroy
Subject: Re: wood_mannequin.png
Date: 20 Apr 2023 15:00:00
Message: <web.64418ab8d981b0ad4df6b67f712fc00@news.povray.org>
"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Leroy" <whe### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > Rendering of a poseable wood mannequin. Modeled for my Jack/workbench scene. I
> > > posted the scene file. Most pivots are programmed with 2 rotations. The upper
> > > arm could use an additional y rotation. The include file could use some
> > > additional commenting and poses. Might try to work out a run sequence.
> > > Miller
> >
> >  Nice!
> > My first thought was that it looked like it came out of my old Quantum Robots
> > code. After reading your text I knew it didn't. Then 'I could have done that if
> > I
> > wanted to.'
> > A long time ago I went robot crazy. So I made a robot factory, with a few window
> > programs to help set some(well a lot) reusable poses. I used those poses as
> > keyframes in my animations. The thing is I made a lot of walking/running
> > animations. I could give the keyframe poses to ya if it would help.
> >  I used the full 3 element rotate.
> >  So a lot of conversion would have to be done :(
> >
> > Have Fun!
>
> >> I could give the keyframe poses to ya if it would help.
> That would be great - I would love to see how the poses are handled. A biped
> format that could be applied to any rigged character could be fun to program. :)
> Mike
>
> just a thought...I have Max and tons of .bip files. I should be able to write
> the rotation keys out as a frame sequence - one .inc file per frame? A 4 second
> animation would be 120 include files. :(

What I did is use one file with all the Key frames names and their frame numbers
then read that file. some like
 1,"pose1.rbp"
 5,"pose2.rbp"
 15,"pose3.rbp"
When you read that file you check to see if the frame number in the file is
equal to or greater than what the animation frame is.
 If it is greater than then read the next line and interpolate between the two.


>
> >> I used the full 3 element rotate.
> That seems to work best for linked forward rotations...unless there's
> a way to handle quaternions in POV. I need to go back and add 3 independent
> rotations per joint. I got lazy.

Here they are the poses and a win program to view them


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'millerpng.zip' (159 KB)

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: wood_mannequin.png
Date: 20 Apr 2023 18:30:00
Message: <web.6441bbfbd981b0ad59197626dabc9342@news.povray.org>
"Leroy" <whe### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > "Leroy" <whe### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > > Rendering of a poseable wood mannequin. Modeled for my Jack/workbench scene. I
> > > > posted the scene file. Most pivots are programmed with 2 rotations. The upper
> > > > arm could use an additional y rotation. The include file could use some
> > > > additional commenting and poses. Might try to work out a run sequence.
> > > > Miller
> > >
> > >  Nice!
> > > My first thought was that it looked like it came out of my old Quantum Robots
> > > code. After reading your text I knew it didn't. Then 'I could have done that if
> > > I
> > > wanted to.'
> > > A long time ago I went robot crazy. So I made a robot factory, with a few window
> > > programs to help set some(well a lot) reusable poses. I used those poses as
> > > keyframes in my animations. The thing is I made a lot of walking/running
> > > animations. I could give the keyframe poses to ya if it would help.
> > >  I used the full 3 element rotate.
> > >  So a lot of conversion would have to be done :(
> > >
> > > Have Fun!
> >
> > >> I could give the keyframe poses to ya if it would help.
> > That would be great - I would love to see how the poses are handled. A biped
> > format that could be applied to any rigged character could be fun to program. :)
> > Mike
> >
> > just a thought...I have Max and tons of .bip files. I should be able to write
> > the rotation keys out as a frame sequence - one .inc file per frame? A 4 second
> > animation would be 120 include files. :(
>
> What I did is use one file with all the Key frames names and their frame numbers
> then read that file. some like
>  1,"pose1.rbp"
>  5,"pose2.rbp"
>  15,"pose3.rbp"
> When you read that file you check to see if the frame number in the file is
> equal to or greater than what the animation frame is.
>  If it is greater than then read the next line and interpolate between the two.
>
>
> >
> > >> I used the full 3 element rotate.
> > That seems to work best for linked forward rotations...unless there's
> > a way to handle quaternions in POV. I need to go back and add 3 independent
> > rotations per joint. I got lazy.
>
> Here they are the poses and a win program to view them


Thank you for sharing. I've pulled it down and will get back with you
soon....I'm suck in the minutia of my current scene.
Mike


Post a reply to this message

From: Leroy
Subject: Re: wood_mannequin.png
Date: 20 Apr 2023 19:30:00
Message: <web.6441c960d981b0ad4df6b67f712fc00@news.povray.org>
"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
> Thank you for sharing. I've pulled it down and will get back with you
> soon....I'm suck in the minutia of my current scene.
> Mike

Sorry, I forgot to give you the key to how angles are saved ande read.
 Here it is.

#fopen Mfile Bos read // body
#read (Mfile Reff1)                          "angle limits"
#read (Mfile LlegHA1)  // right Higher leg -40<x<130 -5<z<80
#read (Mfile LlegLA1)  // right lower leg  0< x< -151
#read (Mfile LFootHA1) // right higher Foot -40<x<20 -40<y<15
#read (Mfile LToesA1)  // right toes
 #read (Mfile LharmA1) // right High arm
 #read (Mfile LlarmA1) // right lower arm   0<x< 150
 #read (Mfile LhandA1) // right hand -40<x<20 y<+-90 -90<z<30
#read (Mfile HeadA1)   // head  x<+-30 y<+-60 z<+-40
#read (Mfile NeckA1)   // Neck  same limits as head
#read (Mfile BodA1)    // body -110<x<30 y<+-30 z<+-10
#read (Mfile ButtA1)   // butt -30<x<110 y<+-30 z<+-10
#read (Mfile RlegHA1)  // left Higher leg -40<x<130 -80<z<5
#read (Mfile RlegLA1)  // left lower leg 0<x<-150
#read (Mfile RFootHA1) // left higher Foot -40<x<20 -15<y<40
#read (Mfile RToesA1)  // left toes  0<x<90
 #read (Mfile RharmA1) // Left High arm Pattern
 #read (Mfile RlarmA1) // left lower arm  0<x< -150
 #read (Mfile RhandA1) // left hand -40<x<20 y<+-90 -30<z<90
#read (Mfile Bline1)   // free vector

Have fun.


Post a reply to this message

From: Colin Fleming
Subject: Re: wood_mannequin.png
Date: 22 Apr 2023 06:55:00
Message: <web.6443bca1d981b0ad490fd27a93be1c3d@news.povray.org>
"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Thanks Colin. I've pulled in the files. Cool that most the mannequin forms are
> modeled with a sphere/cylinder blob pairing.
> Mike.

Hi Mike,

I like Fabiens mannequin include file because it was simple, using spheres and
blobs made it easier for me to understand!

I made a slight modification to Fabiens mannequin include file, added the option
for either male or female then added an 'if' statement in the declared 'buste'
object, pretty simple.  Changing the pose of the mannequin is trial an error,
but as you've shown in your mannequin include file, declaring the variables
first makes it a lot easier.

Colin.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'fm_mannequin.png' (475 KB)

Preview of image 'fm_mannequin.png'
fm_mannequin.png


 

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: wood_mannequin.png
Date: 23 Apr 2023 02:20:00
Message: <web.6444cda7d981b0ad59197626dabc9342@news.povray.org>
"Colin Fleming" <Colin Fleming> wrote:
> "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Colin. I've pulled in the files. Cool that most the mannequin forms are
> > modeled with a sphere/cylinder blob pairing.
> > Mike.
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> I like Fabiens mannequin include file because it was simple, using spheres and
> blobs made it easier for me to understand!
>
> I made a slight modification to Fabiens mannequin include file, added the option
> for either male or female then added an 'if' statement in the declared 'buste'
> object, pretty simple.  Changing the pose of the mannequin is trial an error,
> but as you've shown in your mannequin include file, declaring the variables
> first makes it a lot easier.
>
> Colin.

Thanks Colin. I agree, blobs are probably a better way to model these forms. I
modeled over an underlay in blender and exported the lathe cubic splines as POV
syntax - it gives me good accuracy. Wish Blender had cylinder blobs. :)
Mike.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'blender_cap.png' (1092 KB)

Preview of image 'blender_cap.png'
blender_cap.png


 

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: wood_mannequin.png
Date: 23 Apr 2023 23:00:00
Message: <web.6445f05ed981b0ad59197626dabc9342@news.povray.org>
"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Colin Fleming" <Colin Fleming> wrote:
> > "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Colin. I've pulled in the files. Cool that most the mannequin forms are
> > > modeled with a sphere/cylinder blob pairing.
> > > Mike.
> >
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > I like Fabiens mannequin include file because it was simple, using spheres and
> > blobs made it easier for me to understand!
> >
> > I made a slight modification to Fabiens mannequin include file, added the option
> > for either male or female then added an 'if' statement in the declared 'buste'
> > object, pretty simple.  Changing the pose of the mannequin is trial an error,
> > but as you've shown in your mannequin include file, declaring the variables
> > first makes it a lot easier.
> >
> > Colin.
>
> Thanks Colin. I agree, blobs are probably a better way to model these forms. I
> modeled over an underlay in blender and exported the lathe cubic splines as POV
> syntax - it gives me good accuracy. Wish Blender had cylinder blobs. :)
> Mike.

....mistake >> blender has a capsule blob but doesn't translate through the .x3D
format correctly. Have not been able to use.
Mike.


Post a reply to this message

From: Mr
Subject: Re: wood_mannequin.png
Date: 30 Apr 2023 08:00:00
Message: <web.644e575fd981b0ade3248e456830a892@news.povray.org>
"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > "Colin Fleming" <Colin Fleming> wrote:
> > > "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Thanks Colin. I've pulled in the files. Cool that most the mannequin forms are
> > > > modeled with a sphere/cylinder blob pairing.
> > > > Mike.
> > >
> > > Hi Mike,
> > >
> > > I like Fabiens mannequin include file because it was simple, using spheres and
> > > blobs made it easier for me to understand!
> > >
> > > I made a slight modification to Fabiens mannequin include file, added the option
> > > for either male or female then added an 'if' statement in the declared 'buste'
> > > object, pretty simple.  Changing the pose of the mannequin is trial an error,
> > > but as you've shown in your mannequin include file, declaring the variables
> > > first makes it a lot easier.
> > >
> > > Colin.
> >
> > Thanks Colin. I agree, blobs are probably a better way to model these forms. I
> > modeled over an underlay in blender and exported the lathe cubic splines as POV
> > syntax - it gives me good accuracy. Wish Blender had cylinder blobs. :)
> > Mike.
>
> ....mistake >> blender has a capsule blob but doesn't translate through the .x3D
> format correctly. Have not been able to use.
> Mike.

The POV addon features all blob shapes under isosurfaces, because they are.
indeed capsule is the cylinder and should export to pov as such.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'blobsui.png' (428 KB)

Preview of image 'blobsui.png'
blobsui.png


 

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: wood_mannequin.png
Date: 30 Apr 2023 09:05:00
Message: <web.644e6657d981b0ad59197626dabc9342@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <m******r******at_hotmail_dot_fr> wrote:
> "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > "Colin Fleming" <Colin Fleming> wrote:
> > > > "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Thanks Colin. I've pulled in the files. Cool that most the mannequin forms
are
> > > > > modeled with a sphere/cylinder blob pairing.
> > > > > Mike.
> > > >
> > > > Hi Mike,
> > > >
> > > > I like Fabiens mannequin include file because it was simple, using spheres and
> > > > blobs made it easier for me to understand!
> > > >
> > > > I made a slight modification to Fabiens mannequin include file, added the
option
> > > > for either male or female then added an 'if' statement in the declared 'buste'
> > > > object, pretty simple.  Changing the pose of the mannequin is trial an error,
> > > > but as you've shown in your mannequin include file, declaring the variables
> > > > first makes it a lot easier.
> > > >
> > > > Colin.
> > >
> > > Thanks Colin. I agree, blobs are probably a better way to model these forms. I
> > > modeled over an underlay in blender and exported the lathe cubic splines as POV
> > > syntax - it gives me good accuracy. Wish Blender had cylinder blobs. :)
> > > Mike.
> >
> > ....mistake >> blender has a capsule blob but doesn't translate through the .x3D
> > format correctly. Have not been able to use.
> > Mike.
>
> The POV addon features all blob shapes under isosurfaces, because they are.
> indeed capsule is the cylinder and should export to pov as such.



Thanks. I've not been able to use the POV addon. I've un-installed and
re-installed the plug-in but I keep getting python errors. I wrote my own
exporter for most of the primitive types but would love to get this working.
What version of Blender are you using?
Mike


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'blender_cap.png' (1226 KB)

Preview of image 'blender_cap.png'
blender_cap.png


 

From: Mr
Subject: Re: wood_mannequin.png
Date: 30 Apr 2023 09:10:00
Message: <web.644e688ad981b0ade3248e456830a892@news.povray.org>
"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Mr" <m******r******at_hotmail_dot_fr> wrote:
> > "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > > "Colin Fleming" <Colin Fleming> wrote:
> > > > > "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > Thanks Colin. I've pulled in the files. Cool that most the mannequin forms
are
> > > > > > modeled with a sphere/cylinder blob pairing.
> > > > > > Mike.
> > > > >
> > > > > Hi Mike,
> > > > >
> > > > > I like Fabiens mannequin include file because it was simple, using spheres
and
> > > > > blobs made it easier for me to understand!
> > > > >
> > > > > I made a slight modification to Fabiens mannequin include file, added the
option
> > > > > for either male or female then added an 'if' statement in the declared
'buste'
> > > > > object, pretty simple.  Changing the pose of the mannequin is trial an
error,
> > > > > but as you've shown in your mannequin include file, declaring the variables
> > > > > first makes it a lot easier.
> > > > >
> > > > > Colin.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks Colin. I agree, blobs are probably a better way to model these forms. I
> > > > modeled over an underlay in blender and exported the lathe cubic splines as
POV
> > > > syntax - it gives me good accuracy. Wish Blender had cylinder blobs. :)
> > > > Mike.
> > >
> > > ....mistake >> blender has a capsule blob but doesn't translate through the .x3D
> > > format correctly. Have not been able to use.
> > > Mike.
> >
> > The POV addon features all blob shapes under isosurfaces, because they are.
> > indeed capsule is the cylinder and should export to pov as such.
>
>
>
> Thanks. I've not been able to use the POV addon. I've un-installed and
> re-installed the plug-in but I keep getting python errors. I wrote my own
> exporter for most of the primitive types but would love to get this working.
> What version of Blender are you using?
> Mike

the capture is from a 3.2 version


Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: wood_mannequin.png
Date: 30 Apr 2023 09:40:00
Message: <web.644e6e9fd981b0ad59197626dabc9342@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <m******r******at_hotmail_dot_fr> wrote:
> "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > "Mr" <m******r******at_hotmail_dot_fr> wrote:
> > > "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > > "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > > > "Colin Fleming" <Colin Fleming> wrote:
> > > > > > "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > Thanks Colin. I've pulled in the files. Cool that most the mannequin
forms are
> > > > > > > modeled with a sphere/cylinder blob pairing.
> > > > > > > Mike.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Hi Mike,
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I like Fabiens mannequin include file because it was simple, using spheres
and
> > > > > > blobs made it easier for me to understand!
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I made a slight modification to Fabiens mannequin include file, added the
option
> > > > > > for either male or female then added an 'if' statement in the declared
'buste'
> > > > > > object, pretty simple.  Changing the pose of the mannequin is trial an
error,
> > > > > > but as you've shown in your mannequin include file, declaring the
variables
> > > > > > first makes it a lot easier.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Colin.
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks Colin. I agree, blobs are probably a better way to model these forms.
I
> > > > > modeled over an underlay in blender and exported the lathe cubic splines as
POV
> > > > > syntax - it gives me good accuracy. Wish Blender had cylinder blobs. :)
> > > > > Mike.
> > > >
> > > > ....mistake >> blender has a capsule blob but doesn't translate through the
.x3D
> > > > format correctly. Have not been able to use.
> > > > Mike.
> > >
> > > The POV addon features all blob shapes under isosurfaces, because they are.
> > > indeed capsule is the cylinder and should export to pov as such.
> >

> >
> >
> > Thanks. I've not been able to use the POV addon. I've un-installed and
> > re-installed the plug-in but I keep getting python errors. I wrote my own
> > exporter for most of the primitive types but would love to get this working.
> > What version of Blender are you using?
> > Mike
>
> the capture is from a 3.2 version

Thanks, I'm using 3.1. maybe it's the version?  I'll install...


Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Initial 10 Messages

Copyright 2003-2023 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.