POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wood_mannequin.png : Re: wood_mannequin.png Server Time
4 May 2024 05:13:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wood_mannequin.png
From: Mike Miller
Date: 23 Apr 2023 02:20:00
Message: <web.6444cda7d981b0ad59197626dabc9342@news.povray.org>
"Colin Fleming" <Colin Fleming> wrote:
> "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Colin. I've pulled in the files. Cool that most the mannequin forms are
> > modeled with a sphere/cylinder blob pairing.
> > Mike.
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> I like Fabiens mannequin include file because it was simple, using spheres and
> blobs made it easier for me to understand!
>
> I made a slight modification to Fabiens mannequin include file, added the option
> for either male or female then added an 'if' statement in the declared 'buste'
> object, pretty simple.  Changing the pose of the mannequin is trial an error,
> but as you've shown in your mannequin include file, declaring the variables
> first makes it a lot easier.
>
> Colin.

Thanks Colin. I agree, blobs are probably a better way to model these forms. I
modeled over an underlay in blender and exported the lathe cubic splines as POV
syntax - it gives me good accuracy. Wish Blender had cylinder blobs. :)
Mike.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blender_cap.png' (1092 KB)