POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wood_mannequin.png : Re: wood_mannequin.png Server Time
4 May 2024 10:51:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wood_mannequin.png
From: Leroy
Date: 20 Apr 2023 15:00:00
Message: <web.64418ab8d981b0ad4df6b67f712fc00@news.povray.org>
"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Leroy" <whe### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > Rendering of a poseable wood mannequin. Modeled for my Jack/workbench scene. I
> > > posted the scene file. Most pivots are programmed with 2 rotations. The upper
> > > arm could use an additional y rotation. The include file could use some
> > > additional commenting and poses. Might try to work out a run sequence.
> > > Miller
> >
> >  Nice!
> > My first thought was that it looked like it came out of my old Quantum Robots
> > code. After reading your text I knew it didn't. Then 'I could have done that if
> > wanted to.'
> > A long time ago I went robot crazy. So I made a robot factory, with a few window
> > programs to help set some(well a lot) reusable poses. I used those poses as
> > keyframes in my animations. The thing is I made a lot of walking/running
> > animations. I could give the keyframe poses to ya if it would help.
> >  I used the full 3 element rotate.
> >  So a lot of conversion would have to be done :(
> >
> > Have Fun!
>
> >> I could give the keyframe poses to ya if it would help.
> That would be great - I would love to see how the poses are handled. A biped
> format that could be applied to any rigged character could be fun to program. :)
> Mike
>
> just a thought...I have Max and tons of .bip files. I should be able to write
> the rotation keys out as a frame sequence - one .inc file per frame? A 4 second
> animation would be 120 include files. :(

What I did is use one file with all the Key frames names and their frame numbers
then read that file. some like
 1,"pose1.rbp"
 5,"pose2.rbp"
 15,"pose3.rbp"
When you read that file you check to see if the frame number in the file is
equal to or greater than what the animation frame is.
 If it is greater than then read the next line and interpolate between the two.

> >> I used the full 3 element rotate.
> That seems to work best for linked forward rotations...unless there's
> a way to handle quaternions in POV. I need to go back and add 3 independent
> rotations per joint. I got lazy.

Here they are the poses and a win program to view them

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'millerpng.zip' (159 KB)