POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Submit files to Linux servers Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Submit files to Linux servers (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: nomail
Subject: Submit files to Linux servers
Date: 31 May 2004 10:10:01
Message: <web.40bb3c053a1c12d6186d05510@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am trying to use Linux version of POV-RAY to render image for me whenever
I want from another computer.

In order to make it work, I need to submit .pov and .ini files to the Linux
server. However, are there another ways of making the server to run the
povray, render the image from the files submitted and return the result to
the machine that I used to submit the files?

How should I approach this and any advice on it?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

> I am trying to use Linux version of POV-RAY to render image for me whenever
> I want from another computer.
>
> In order to make it work, I need to submit .pov and .ini files to the Linux
> server. However, are there another ways of making the server to run the
> povray, render the image from the files submitted and return the result to
> the machine that I used to submit the files?

What you write looks a bit confusing, obviously you can't render a
POV-Ray scene on a computer without transfering the scene file to it in
some way.  But i assume this is not what you wanted to know so you
should better clarify your question.

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

> I am trying to use Linux version of POV-RAY to render image for me
> whenever I want from another computer.
>
> In order to make it work, I need to submit .pov and .ini files to the
> Linux server. However, are there another ways of making the server to run
> the povray, render the image from the files submitted and return the
> result to the machine that I used to submit the files?
>
> How should I approach this and any advice on it?
>
> Mike

Are you using a Win98 machine or another Linux machine as the "other"
computer?

Do you have Samba or NFS running? Is the Linux computer always available? Is
your other computer always available.

If the answer is yes to both, and you have the correct mountpoints setup, it
should be easy to do. Copy the files using Samba or NFS, then telnet to the
Linux render server and execute Povray.

Might work?
--
Stefan Viljoen