POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Submit files to Linux servers : Re: Submit files to Linux servers Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Submit files to Linux servers
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 31 May 2004 14:38:18
Message: <40bb7b98@news.povray.org>
nomail@nomail wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use Linux version of POV-RAY to render image for me
> whenever I want from another computer.
>
> In order to make it work, I need to submit .pov and .ini files to the
> Linux server. However, are there another ways of making the server to run
> the povray, render the image from the files submitted and return the
> result to the machine that I used to submit the files?
>
> How should I approach this and any advice on it?
>
> Mike

Are you using a Win98 machine or another Linux machine as the "other"
computer?

Do you have Samba or NFS running? Is the Linux computer always available? Is
your other computer always available.

If the answer is yes to both, and you have the correct mountpoints setup, it
should be easy to do. Copy the files using Samba or NFS, then telnet to the
Linux render server and execute Povray.

Might work?
--
Stefan Viljoen