POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Submit files to Linux servers : Re: Submit files to Linux servers Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Submit files to Linux servers
From: nomail
Date: 16 Jun 2004 10:45:01
Message: <web.40d05c0f8389caca186d05510@news.povray.org>

> I've built such servers in the past and it's a really convenient way of
> doing things, especially if multiple people are using the server. If you
> poll the mailbox, the server automatically queues up requests in the
> mail queues, and people get notified when it's done automatically, and
> you can turn off the server for a few minutes to fix things without
> anyone even noticing.

Hmm..I guess it is surely another way of doing it. I am not sure what you
mean by turning off the server for a few minutes to fix things. Why do you
need to turn it off? Do you mean the errors by using the mail server or
just in general?

Also, will this method work with multiple machines? because there are some
softwares that do all the task splitting things among the stations in the
cluster. So if I mail the two files, would the cluster notice it and assign
the rendering task in the cluster managing software? without mixing up the
queue (with other tasks)?