POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Submit files to Linux servers : Re: Submit files to Linux servers Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:11:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Submit files to Linux servers
From: nomail
Date: 3 Jun 2004 10:20:00
Message: <web.40bf32958389caca186d05510@news.povray.org>
>Are you using a Win98 machine or another Linux machine as the "other"
>computer?

I am using a mac. I recently found the CGI; however, I didn't find a way to
submit/transfer files to server and make that Linux box to render and send
the results back. There should be a way to implement such code in pearl or
C++, I think.

>Do you have Samba or NFS running? Is the Linux computer always available? Is
>your other computer always available.

I do not want additional steps to ftp or telnet stuff. I have to transfer
files and get it back by typing couple more steps.

>If the answer is yes to both, and you have the correct mountpoints setup, it
>should be easy to do. Copy the files using Samba or NFS, then telnet to the
>Linux render server and execute Povray.

Maybe...but I need a code or program that I can access to the Linux box and
send the task to that machine.