POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Materials that blur Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:30:47 EDT (-0400)
  Materials that blur (Message 11 to 18 of 18)
From: Mark Weyer
Subject: Re: Materials that blur
Date: 24 Sep 2003 04:36:40
Message: <3F71589F.4070606@informatik.uni-freiburg.de>
> Is there any way to implement materials that blur the image behind them?
>
> The degree of blur should be related to the path length of light passing
> through a material so surface distortions won't work right.

Don't know if it hits some of pov's limitations, but:

Instead of using a material you might intersect your object with another one.
This second object is glass with bubbles inside, maybe some noise isosurface
or something like that.
In that way the ray will be distorted whenever it passes a bubble and that
will happen more times on thicker parts of the "material".

--
merge{#local i=-11;#while(i<11)#local
i=i+.1;sphere{<i*(i*i*(.05-i*i*(4e-7*i*i+3e-4))-3)10*sin(i)30>.5}#end

Post a reply to this message