POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Materials that blur : Re: Materials that blur Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Materials that blur
From: Lutz-Peter Hooge
Date: 24 Sep 2003 09:58:17
Message: <3f71a2f9$1@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> smoke, fog,

What you get here is a rather sharp image with a halo
(the blurred image) around it. You don't get this result with
the POV-blurring techniques.

Milk etc is almost opaque, so you don't see any blurring.
If you mix it with a lot of water, so you can see through it, the
blurring becomes insigificant again (I just tested it).

> it. In most of these, the light is scattered almost evenly in all
> directions, so you don't perceive it as a blur,

IMHO if you don't perceive it as blur, it isn't blur, at least
the context of graphics.

Lutz-Peter