POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : World coordinates vs. local coordinates. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:24:48 EDT (-0400)
  World coordinates vs. local coordinates. (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Rob Verweij
Subject: World coordinates vs. local coordinates.
Date: 21 Nov 2000 09:43:39
Message: <3A1A89F5.679E641@worldonline.nl>
Hi,

Proffesionally I work with LightWave 3D but when I find some spare time
I love to tinker with good ol' POV-Ray. At this moment I'm recreating
one of the FX I did in LightWave in POV-Ray 3.1g (I also have MegaPOV's
latest version if needed). The scene is all ready and done but now comes
the hard part: the animation.
For the animation to work I need the texture to stay "static" while the
object expands so you get an effect of a moving texture on an object. In
LightWave I'm used to turn on World Coordinates so the texture stays put
and the object can scale up and down without affecting the texture's
scaling. I can't find anything in the POV-Ray docs about World
Coordinates or Local Coordinates. Can anyone point me into the right
direction? It's a very cool effect and if finished I will post it in the
binaries section.

Thanx,

Rob Verweij.

Post a reply to this message