POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Animations Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Animations (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Fabian Brau
Subject: Animations
Date: 29 Oct 1999 08:23:01
Message: <3819A015.128291F5@umh.ac.be>
Hello,

I have seen long time ago that one can render only a part of an image
(you put some command in the command line). This is really cool to
render some animation, for example:

you have an image with a door, when you click on the door (this is a
program), it open. But just the door move not the whole scene, so you
render only this part of the picture -> gain of render time and gain of
animation size. But suppose that you have an image 320*240, you render a
just a part of it with the size 100*200, the image you ontain is still a
320*240 but with black color around the part of the image: you don't
obtain a 100*200 image. Ok with PSP or corel photo paint it is easy to
get only the relevant part of the image but this take much time because
you must work on each image before construct the animation. It is
possible to render and GET only the relevant part of the image?

Thanks

Fabian.

Post a reply to this message