POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Animations : Re: Animations Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animations
From: Fabian Brau
Date: 29 Oct 1999 11:10:52
Message: <3819C76D.E87BBE40@umh.ac.be>
Hello omniVERSE,

this is easy to do but this take time. Here is the method:
1) I render completely the first image. I choose the area which I will
render, say the door. I put this into the command line.
2) I begin the animation rendering. So I get a given number (depend on
animation) of partial image which are on the first row, with black color
around.
3) I take each image into corel photo paint. With a special tool I
select the non-black area. I copy and paste into a new document and save
it into bmp (for example). And I have myst first image with good
dimension.
4) I do it for each image (a nightmare :)).
5) I compute the animation with the images.
6) In my program (a game) I load the first image (a complete image).
When I click, say on the door, I load the video which I place at the
right position on my image. The complete image don't disappear (I choose
a correct update method for updating the screen) and the video play at
the correct place. This work perfectly well (I have tested) but take
time to do the animation :).

If someone which know well the code (perhaps Nathan) could look at it
(when one render a piece of an image, the output image is only this
piece without black color around) this could be cool :)

Fabian.