POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Animations : Re: Animations Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animations
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 29 Oct 1999 15:02:06
Message: <3819EF3E.2052E1D2@xs4all.nl>
Fabian Brau wrote:

> Hello omniVERSE,
>
> this is easy to do but this take time. Here is the method:
> 1) I render completely the first image. I choose the area which I will
> render, say the door. I put this into the command line.
> 2) I begin the animation rendering. So I get a given number (depend on
> animation) of partial image which are on the first row, with black color
> around.
> 3) I take each image into corel photo paint. With a special tool I
> select the non-black area. I copy and paste into a new document and save
> it into bmp (for example). And I have myst first image with good
> dimension.
> 4) I do it for each image (a nightmare :)).
> 5) I compute the animation with the images.
> 6) In my program (a game) I load the first image (a complete image).
> When I click, say on the door, I load the video which I place at the
> right position on my image. The complete image don't disappear (I choose
> a correct update method for updating the screen) and the video play at
> the correct place. This work perfectly well (I have tested) but take
> time to do the animation :).
>
> If someone which know well the code (perhaps Nathan) could look at it
> (when one render a piece of an image, the output image is only this
> piece without black color around) this could be cool :)
>
> Fabian.
>
> omniVERSE wrote:

I understand you're using this for a game. Do you program that? If so, it
shouldn't be hard to do what you want programmatically.
I don't know exactly what you need, but perhaps this may help:
I'm using the same technique you describe for a project I'm working on. For that
I had to make several simple utilities. One of those takes a series of images
and cuts out the relevant part. In my case I need all the cut-outs on a strip so
it pastes them into one image, but it'd be easy to make it so it saves them as
seperate files. In fact I have another utility which will take a strip of
images, cuts it into frames and saves those seperately. If you think this could
help let me know.

Ciao!

Remco